Born in Al-Thahiriyyah, near Hebron, in 1951, Harb received a BA in English language and literature from the University of Jordan in 1974, a Masters in 1979 in English literature from Roosevelt University, USA, and a PhD in 1986 in comparative and English literature from the University of Iowa, USA. He worked as an Associate Professor of English literature at Birzeit University in Ramallah, Palestine; then served as Dean at the university’s Faculty of Arts. He authored many articles, essays, and studies in literature, culture and politics. He is a former Commissioner General for the Independent Commission of Human Rights (ICHR).
- بقايا, Remains*, Dar El Shorouk, 2018 (initially published in 1996).
- الجانب الآخر لأرض الميعاد, The Other Side of the Promised Land*, Dar El Shorouk, 2018 (initially published in 1990)
- إسماعيل, Dar El Shorouk, 2018 (initially published in 1987)
- الصعود الى المئذنة, Climbing the Minaret*, Dar El Shorouk, 2008
- حكاية العائد, Tale of returnee*, Manshurat Al Ruwwad, Palestine, 1982
The Image Of The Jew In Ahmad Harb’s Trilogy by European American Journal, February 2017
Prizes and awards
- The State of Palestine National Prize for literature 1997
Book(s) featured on this site
Reviewed by Diqqa.net